- Cotton is a durable fabric that can generally tolerate the agitation of being machine washed and dried with no ill effects. Any items with special decorations like sequins or screen printing will require special care though.
- For best results, machine wash cotton items in cold or warm water. Do not use hot water as it may shrink the cotton.
- Use a normal wash cycle and regular detergent (with color safe bleach if desired).
- Tumble dry on a low setting, then promptly remove the item from the dryer to avoid wrinkles.
- Use an iron to remove wrinkles. Adding a spray starch will revive the crispness of cotton fabrics.